pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Eating Los Angeles: evarestaurant






-- menu --
whipped tofu with nasturtium and root vegetables
chocolate
wild halibut, cabbage, lemon verbena, charred spring onion


Snackers, I'm writing you from the Avalon Hotel in Beverly
Hills!  Like most country bumpkins, I was really looking
forward to spotting a celebrity in their natural element here
in Los Angeles.

Disappointingly, I ran into one in Green Hills right  before 
I left Nashville.  I chalked it up as further  proof that Taylor 
Swift is on a private campaign to ruin my day. She always 
takes my parking spot.  You think I'm kidding, but it defies 
mathematical odds.  If I'm going head-to-head with another 
car at the Green Hills mall, there's a solid 50% chance that 
she's in the vehicle.

Anyways, the great thing about being vegan in Los Angeles is 
that every single restaurant accommodates.  I even found a place 
that had "oxygenated vegetables," though I have only a vague
guess as to what that means.  In my head, it's the exact opposite
of hydroponic.

My mom went to evarestaurant last night, and gave it a
glowing review.  She asked me to post pictures of her meal,
so here they are!  I couldn't find the details on the chocolate
dessert.

I went to M Cafe de Chaya, a macrobiotic restaurant in Beverly
Hills.  More on that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment