pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Gifts for the Macro-Vegan Couple

Hello friends!  I survived the Night of Two Weddings and ate some lovely canapé too.
I have many more to go before I retire my dancing shoes for this wedding season, so I wanted to share with you my thoughts on gifts for the health-conscious couple just starting out.


Put together a gift basket of macrobiotic cook and reference books!  Every macrobiotic family I know has their own library of books they use for diagnosis and cooking.  These can be pricey for a new couple just starting out, making it a thoughtful and generous gesture as a gift.

A CSA, or Community Supported Agriculture membership, is a way to support both a new couple AND the environment!  CSA details vary from farm to farm, but the general gist is, once a week, the couple shows up at a pick-up point and loads up their basket with fresh, local, organic veggies from their local farm.  Most couples I know are young, broke, and unused to cooking for themselves.  A prepaid CSA membership provides them with high-quality fresh ingredients that support a macrobiotic lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment