pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Macrobiotic Theory: Planting on Good Soil

So we talked in our last post about how nobody really wants to stop eating meat and cheese, but they do it anyways.

Now we're going to talk about getting your mind right. We take things for granted. "I have really bad skin." "I'm just never going to be skinny."

For every person who makes their life better through macrobiotics, there is a shift, like seeing a Magic Eye picture right for the first time. There are two kinds of people reading this blog: devout Christians and dedicated atheists, and I have a feeling that if we had a Snackrobiotic potluck, it would probably end with a surobachi being upturned on somebody's head. But here's my point:

You have to believe that something spooky is going on. You have to believe that something amazing is about to happen to you, and you have to know that it's because of events and changes that are bigger than you can control. It's about grace. I'm not necessarily talking specifically about Biblical grace, but to eat with the seasons, sleep at night and wake up with dawn is to feel a power from which we have previously been divorced.

To experience the gentle healing that accompanies this realignment with nature is to experience something that touches your soul. It's to understand that healing and vitality is right and natural. It's frustration when you see the vegetable you want to eat has been covered with pesticides and genetically modified, but it's from that frustration that you begin to see the desperate need that we have to heal our nation.

It starts small. It starts micro. I decide I want to heal my health, so it's winter and I go to the store to buy winter squash. I'm feeling good, eating my good food, and I'm upset to see that the only squashes they have are covered in pesticides and grown across the world. I want to find food that is local and healing. My need to heal becomes a community issue. It goes macro.

The Gospel of Luke tells us, "And other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold. And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear."

When I decided to heal my stomach, I began making decisions rooted in good soil. As those changes grew, they began to manifest a hundredfold in my life, as my skin cleared, my weight dropped, my cramps got better, I didn't get sick, and my friends and family began to make changes and see good health in their lives too.

So if you're looking to change your health today by changing your diet, know that you're planting seeds in good soil that will begin multiplying and expanding in ways you never expected or intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment