pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Pumpkin Seed Dressing!

I'm mighty chuffed to present the following recipe to you guys. It's a family favorite, and I recently made it for May, who declared it to be her Favorite Macrobiotic Dish, Ever. There are some great pictures of us eating it that'll be added to this post soon.

This week, I've been on the continued recovery track, but things have been pretty good and I'm blessed with strong health. Last week my recurrent skin problem came back, and the last two times that happened, I had to get surgery and go on antibiotics costing a thousand dollars that I definitely don't have.

This time around, I treated it macrobiotically, and experienced healing in about four days. This is really huge, because the last two times this infection came up, I had to have it surgically removed, and I went from healthy to needing surgery in about four days. It happens really fast.

Here's what I did:

-Burdock Root Tea, Nightly for three nights.
-1/2" Green Clay Compress, applied for 12 hours at a time, three days in a row
-Cut dairy, sugar, and reduced soy and "snackro" foods for a week in favor of the real whole foods I probably should be eating all the time. I'm a big fan of eating gluten-free "fake" foods, like gluten-free pizza with soy cheese, but I know it's just a short-cut, and that these can be damaging to your health as well.

To celebrate at the end of all this, I cooked a huge macro meal with mixed rices, fresh garden greens, pickled bean sprouts, and PUMPKIN SEED DRESSING!!! Here it is!
Pumpkin Seed Dressing and Greens



Watercress and a bitter green (Dandelion greens, collard greens, kale, swiss chard, etc.) steamed

1 1/2 c raw pumpkin seeds, roasted by you at 375 for 10 minutes or so. Keep an eye on these because they burn quickly!
2-3 tsp. ume plum paste
3-4 minced scallions
Water as needed to achieve desired consistency

Pour your roasted pumpkin seeds in a coffee grinder. As these grind, add them to a large bowl and combine plum paste, scallions, and water to bring to a hummus-like consistency. Eat with green veggies or as hummus type dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment