pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Squash Pudding : Lovely Glasses

squash pudding

I've got leftover brown rice amazake, a massive amount of squash, and a willing accomplice.  What do I make?

Squash pudding.  I'm modifying Aveline Kushi's "Squash Pie" recipe to make it slightly sweeter and more spiced, featuring my best friends cinnamon and nutmeg.  To top it all off, an icy white, thin layer of amazake and a thin dusting of crushed green pumpkin seeds.

As soon as I make it, I'll put it up here on the blog.  This is the recipe I'm using, modified from Aveline's "Complete Guide to Macrobiotic Cooking" is now gluten-free and slightly sweeter because I'm using Lundberg's brown rice syrup, and I need to conceal the flavor with some maple syrup (I'm now firmly Team Suzanne's).
-----------------------------------------------
1 butternut squash
1 cup of water
pinch sea salt
1/2 c. brown rice syrup
1 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tbsp. kuzu, dissolved in cold water
-----------------------------------------------

I'll put technique up when I make it.

We've been making a lot of puddings and parfaits lately.  But what to serve them in?  We can't just put them in cereal bowls!  How gauche!  They simply MUST go in dessert glasses.  Anything else would be barbarism.

Anthropologie ::  Helianthus Goblet  $8

Anthropologie ::  Sunk Shades Goblet  $12

Target ::  Tulip Glass Dessert Bowl Set of 12 - Green   $84

Etsy ::  Ruby Red Avon Cape Cod 1876 Dessert Bowl  $10

Crate + Barrel  ::  Tinge Turquoise/ Green Dessert Plate $4

Crate + Barrel ::  Delice Dessert Bowl $8

No comments:

Post a Comment