pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Last Week at the Kushi Institute!

It's the bottom of the ninth, the bases are loaded, and I think the smell of soaking kombu just became permanent.

I'm in my last week of volunteering in the Kitchen!  It feels a lot like final exam period.  You spent the semester messing around.  You were making pancakes, watching movies, and toning your chakras when you were supposed to be working.  You wake up one morning and realize that you have thirteen days to learn the quadratic equation, summarize French history, and write an alternate ending to some book called Yasna Haptanghaiti.  You're not even sure it's in English...

I have many, many, many hours to finish and very little time to finish it in, so I'm thinking about asking the kitchen if I can arrive for my level a couple days early and volunteer in the kitchen to make it up.  I really want to enjoy my last week here, and as much as I dearly love the kitchen, I think that being in it 10+ hours a day for the next six days might tarnish my joy.

I have a lot of posts saved in my brain that I'm hoping to get out on paper here in the next few days...  It's been really hard to keep a regular log because of the long hours.  At the end of the day, I haven't really wanted to talk about macrobiotics because it's my entire life here, so there's been a lot of static on my end. But no more!  Macro moves!

No comments:

Post a Comment