pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Vegan, Gluten-Free French Toast

Believe it or not, this beautiful French Toast is completely vegan, gluten-free, and free of refined sugars. On top of being gorgeous, a veritable warm morning in Provence where the wind smells like lavender, it's delicious too.

There are a lot of Internet French Toast recipes going around. The Internet will tell you that you need flour to make vegan french toast. This is a fallacy. You need bananas. Incorrect. Sugar? Specious lies.

You need none of these things to make good French Toast.

I can't give you my recipe, because it's not mine. I got it from a chef here at KI, and even though it's the best French Toast I ever had and I'm ITCHING to share, I can't.

I CAN tell you to make the following replacements:

Replace flour with a little bit of kuzu or arrowroot, dissolved in water.
Replace sugar with maple or brown rice syrup.
Replace bananas with tofu. I was an unbeliever too.

Delicious French Toast is out there, friends. Get some.

No comments:

Post a Comment