pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Cool Down with Cool Soy Yogurt Sauce

I swear I have a picture of this sauce somewhere, but with the limited space available on my cell phone camera, I think it may have been replaced with this picture of my dog:


So this is not a post on how to cook Homer. We keep it vegan around here.

I don't love using "fake" vegan products made with soy or corn, because I believe that too much of anything is no good for you, even if it's for the noble purpose of avoiding animal products. When you start doing "soy" this or "soy" that, it slowly creeps into taking a major place in your diet, and with all the Monsanto soy shadiness going around, I don't like to use any soy products that aren't guaranteed non-GMO.

That being said, this sauce is freaking delicious. I'm putting it on here to be used with fritters, fish fingers, or any other fried goodness that needs a cooling sauce. It also makes a great "ranch" substitute if you're looking for a party dip for carrots and celery stalks.

COOL SUMMER HERB SAUCE

1/2 c. Soy Yogurt
1/2 c. Soy Sour Cream
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp. lemon juice
3 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. chopped parsley
2 c. cilantro chopped OR 1 1/2 c. garlic scapes, which might be the most delicious herb never mentioned.

Run all ingredients through the food processor until it looks green and dippable. Raise thy stalk on high and dip thee low unto the sauce, and chew it mightily, for it is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment