pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Outside Vendors Part 2: Chefs and Made-To-Order Foods

What do you do when one too many of your vegan gluten-free sugar free chocolate muffins have come out like briquettes? Who do you call when your local vegan and gluten-free bakery tells you that they're only a vegan OR gluten-free bakery? What do you do when you're wiped out but you can't go out to eat anywhere?

Phone a friend and order it off the internet!

Here are my favorite places to order foods that are safe for people with allergies. I love supporting these individuals because it not only helps small business and the economy, but it feels great to experience and enjoy the blessing that God has given someone!

What I mean by that is that God has blessed each of us with unique talents, and some people have not only been given a gift of a talent for baking, but a calling to cook healing food for others. When we support the individual who is just getting started in their business, or a small company that fits into a larger healing community, we are not only celebrating the gifts that God has given others and encouraging them, but we're able to see with a thankful heart that God has blessed each of us uniquely too. So if you're reading this and healing today, take a moment and be filled with gratitude for the gifts of others working in your life!

That being said, here are some of my favorite vendors:

Southern Scratch-- I can't tell you how much I love her baking! It is thoughtful from start, organic and local ingredients of the highest quality, to finish, with cute ingredient cards and pom-pom poufs to decorate :D

The Wild Cow-- Tonight I had a piece of gluten-free vegan cake that was so delicious, I almost sent it back to the kitchen because I was sure there was no possible way it was gluten-free and delicious. To be honest, I only ate half of it because I'm waiting to see until tomorrow morning if it makes me sick. It was that good. If it didn't, I'm running down there and purchasing a whole thing. $36

Sarah's Sea Salsa-- This stuff is the best salsa around. Not great if you're in hardcore healing mode as there is a little kick to it, but honestly, it's delicious. It almost makes it worth the trek up to Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment